Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Unscathed!

In all seriousness I know there were people who were not so lucky with this last storm. Last I heard, the death toll had reached 23 in the US, and just now in NH, one man has been reported dead, bringing the total to 24. In the devastation of the Caribbean, approximately 70 people have died. There had been one fatality in Toronto, Canada as well. New York City alone is experiencing its worst crisis since 9/11, with massive power failures, fires, and flooding. It is awful and incredibly heart-wrenching. 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is a lighter synopsis (in photos) of the storm in NH:
I seriously regret taking my bike to work.
It is a great idea to take a young, lightweight child to the beach when
the ocean AND the wind are that pissed off.
Trust the Gorton's Fisherman...?
The ocean says, "Fuck you road, you belong to me now."
"This isn't as much fun as it looked...what am I doing wrong?"
Lake Winnipesaukee says "It's not all about you OCEAN!
See?! I can have terrifying waves too!"
Sandy liked it, so she put a tree on it...?
Dude, you know what would be great right now? A fucking SWIM.
Hey honey? Since we have no power, I guess we'll go out to eat...well, fuck.
US Postal Service: Delivering mail like a badass since 1775.
Through wind, sleet, and hail bitches.
Get out there? Sure, easy for you to say, you are allowed to SHIT INSIDE.
Flooding Inception: A pool within a pool.
Fuck you Sandy. I'm a seagull.
Well, now we have ocean front property. Someone will pay
a shit-bunch of money for that, right?
So...no turning on red arrow still?
You wanted your porch sandblasted, right?
(Note: This is not on the beach. That is a road and a sidewalk covered
in heavy, wet sand. All of Hampton is covered in sand from the wind.)
For us, Sandy was extremely windy and rainy, but we didn't lose power or get any flooding. We just have a lot of leaves and sticks in the yard. I forgot to take a picture of the house post-Frankenstorm before I left for work this morning so...sorry? I am a terrible current events blogger. 

So instead, enjoy this picture of a post-Sandy rainbow that was spotted somewhere in northern NH:
The End :-)

2 comments:

Amber Holt said...

Glad you guys made it through. I don't know what I'd do at work without Blogs to read!!

Unknown said...

I would go out of my mind without stuff to read at work...the time in between projects or waiting for approval can get very frustrating without entertainment.

Post a Comment