Monday, November 26, 2012

Sick Pig 2

Hi all. I am not feeling very bloggy today. My little Fizz has taken a turn for the worse and I am an absolute mess. It is a high probability we will lose him unless something miraculous happens.

I feel sick. I have hardly eaten. I can't sleep until I am absolutely exhausted and then I have horrible dreams about it. I am sad and worried because he is sick and in pain. I just want him to be his happy bouncy self, pushing around ottomans with his freakish shoulder strength instead of laying in his cage all listless and tired.

I am worried about Fig and what will happen if we lose his buddy. He is a senior guinea pig (6 years old) and I am not planning to get another one, at least not yet. I just can't. But I don't want to deprive Fig of the happiness of a cage mate, especially since David and I both work.

When the vet called with the update this morning, I just broke. Even now at work I am crying and I haven't been able to stop. It hurts and I am so frustrated that I can't do anything to help him.

Sorry for two weeks in a row of this.

2 comments:

Amber Holt said...

Don't apologize. Sometimes you just need to get it out! When I lost my cat and then my rottie less than a year later it was heart breaking.

My cat had kidney failure and we had to put her down. My rottie had compression on her spinal cord essentially making her legs useless so I had to make that tough decision to put her down last year. I cried and cried and cried AND cried.

Pets burrow their way into your heart so when something bad is happening to them it's like a piece of you is hurting too.

Good Luck to the little guy!

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry you're going through this. Poor little piggies.

Post a Comment