Hi, I want to tell you that your eyes are fine. I changed the background on the blog because I wasn't overly fond of the last one.
Now back to our regularly scheduled programing.
Perhaps you are asking yourself: why did you start this awesome blog and what is with the name of it? If you aren't asking these things, I am going to tell you all about it anyway.
Okay, why did I start this blog. There were several factors in my decision:
- My husband was getting annoyed with me telling him all of my weird-ass stories and thoughts.
|Joke's on him. I still tell him all my weird stuff, but now I also share it with friends and strangers!|
- Writing seems like a much better way of venting frustration.
|Previously I had to be content with making sarcastic replies and bitch-slapping people in my head.|
- Writing helps me deal with my depression...more on that in a different post someday. It is a difficult subject for me to talk and/or write about.
|Sorry for bringing down the mood...Look at these baby platypus dressed as Inspector Gadget instead.|
Go Go Gadget...CUTE!
- I enjoy connecting with other people and making them laugh, but it is difficult for me in real life. Perhaps further explanation will be rendered in a future post. Short explanation: people are scary.
|Less difficult now that I am medicated.|
- I have always wanted to write something, but writing a book seems a little daunting to me. They are long and have plots and multiple characters and are supposed to be enthralling...
|Um...nope, I've got nuthin'.|
- The Bloggess and Telling Dad. Their blogs are awesome and The Bloggess has a book that you should totally read.
|Someday, my cloning device will be complete and I will have a Bloggess of my own...|
- Because it terrifies me. Will people like it? Are they enjoying it or do they think I need to be locked in a mental institution? Perhaps both? Will I run out of stuff to write about? I am tired of anxiety winning over so many things in my life, so this is one way I am kicking it right in the ass.
|Yup, that's a foot right in the pooper.|
- And the final push was Amy, my totally bitchin' hairdresser. She gets me and I love her in a borderline lesbian way. She was all, "You should start a blog, bitch!" And I was like, "Nah, what would I write about?" And she was all, "EVERYTHING."
|Say hello Amy.|
"Let me spell that" is something I have said everyday since getting married. For those of you who don't know, my married name is Bloechl. Try to say it. It's okay, I'll wait.
|If it helps, the "O" and the "E" used to be an "O" with an umlaut. And if you don't know, an umlaut is like a sideways colon (heh...) that goes over the top of a letter, like this: Ö.|
I want to punch people when I try to spell it and they cut me off like, "No it's cool, I've got this!" and they spell it wrong. Horribly, horribly wrong. Then, to add insult to injury, they insist their spelling HAS to be correct.
|Blotchy, Blochi, Blaccul, Blayco, Placo, Playdoh...For the love of all that is holy, please just stop.|