Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Bitches, Beware.

This isn't a real post. This is just me, ranting.


My workplace is on a fairly busy road in an industrial park, near a bunch of ritzy residential areas and a small park with a pond. Inexplicably, lots of people walk or jog along the road in the industrial park even though (unlike all of the surrounding roads) there is no sidewalk, the road is narrow, and there are frequently big ass tractor-trailers in and out. 
"This is an AWFUL place to walk. Safety is for poor people!" - Ritzy Residents
You have to take it slow and watch out, this goes for pedestrians as well as motorists. To add to the fun, the industrial park has strategically planted trees and gigantic shrubs in all shittiest spots, so you can’t see people coming in and out of the parking lots.
Bring me a shrubbery!
It was on this lovely road that my story takes place. I had just climbed into my car started my hour long trip home, when through one of the shrubs I vaguely see movement. I slow down, just in case. Is it a deer? Just the wind? 
Big Foot?
Nope, out of the shrub-hidden driveway appears a perfectly coiffed, bleach blonde, rich-bitch walking her dog and talking on her cell phone. The dog, clearly having some idea that there is something approaching, stops at edge of road. She keeps walking, talking, and not fucking paying attention, and now she is getting pissed at the dog and tugging at the leash. I absorbed all of this in a fraction of a second and slowed down as much as I could. Since I wasn’t going that fast to begin with, I easily avoid her with room to spare, but it certainly gave me a couple of pants-shittingly terrifying seconds where I thought she was going to walk right out in front of me.

Apparently, in her mind I was too close or going to fast or possibly both. And it was CLEARLY my fault that she had just popped out of the shrubbery like a goddamn ninja without looking.
GAH!
So she does the sensible and adult thing and FLIPS THE FUCK OUT. Giving me the finger, yelling all sorts of threats and curses, standing in the goddamn road, while her dog calmly sits by the side of the road and lets her rave like the lunatic she is. I like to think that he was secretly judging her, looking at her with doggy scorn and embarrassment.
Sorry. My owner is an asshole.

0 comments:

Post a Comment