Friday, September 13, 2013

Happy Shit - 9/13/13

This week was messed up.

Firstly, the weather: it started out all beautiful and fall-like on Monday, then it became violently stormy, humid, and hot as hell. We set record levels for heat here on Wednesday: 95 in Portsmouth. In September. Fuck. That. Shit. Now it is going back to fall temperatures this weekend, which I hope will stick around.
I wish we could have autumn weather all year. It is nice and sunny and about 50-70 degrees.
Perfect conditions for the Melissa.
Second, work: I have had the most messed up workflow this week. Boredom, utter panic and chaos, then boredom again...and it was all weird requests from people I don't normally work with.
Hello? Oh yes, I would be super happy to hurry up and wait!
And third: Weirdness. I just feel off. My sense of timing is off (I think it is 3pm and it is really 12pm), my schedule has been all kinds of fucked up, I have my period and feel all bloated and gross, I can feel my S.A.D. kicking in as the days rapidly get shorter, and I had to take a coworker/friend to the ER for kidney stones yesterday. All in all, a messed up week.
The sad, sad cycle of S.A.D.
Fun fact of the week: The largest number of children born to one woman is recorded at 69. From 1725-1765, a Russian peasant woman gave birth to 16 sets of twins, 7 sets of triplets, and 4 sets of quadruplets.
Fun related fact about my family: My grandfather is the youngest of 12 children (he has an "older" twin sister...older by 2 hours).
And now, here is some happy shit:

This baby cheetah making adorable noises.
Look at me and try to resist the adorable. Then I will melt your heart with my adorable noises.
This gif of a cat being caught stealing underpants.
I love how he tries to go all casual at the end like,"Oh. Hey. Didn't see you there. There is nothing going on here..."
I wish Fig was as well behaved in the bath as this baby bunny in the shower.
See Fig? CALM. There is no need to flail madly and look at me like I have betrayed you.
This gif of a very happy, derp-faced dog.
He is derping so hard right now...DERP!
This really awesome Guinness commercial of guys playing wheelchair basketball with their friend.
The ending will hit you, right in the feels...
This gif of cats being cats.

And this video of tiny kitties being Super Cats.
*No kittens were harmed in the making of this video.
And the sequel to Super Cats, this time with puppies AND kitties: Super Dogs!
It feels so good to be gangster. Woof.
And this gif of a dude making ramen in the most manly way possible.
I've been making/eating ramen wrong...
And that's it for this week!

1 comments:

Amber Holt said...

At least now I know that I am not alone with the Feast or Famine work environment this week. Yesterday I had to leave work for lunch for the whole hour because IT JUST WOULDN'T STOP. 7am-830pm was NONSTOP, it was awful. I think it's drinky time tonight.

Post a Comment