Friday, June 28, 2013

Happy Shit – 6/28/13

Yo, I made it to the end of another week, mine started out chaotic, but it is relatively under control now, even though I did get mild food poisoning yesterday at a work potluck. How was your week?
I try to avoid things that may be of questionable origin, but I wasn't careful enough this time. Was it the salad? The cookies? I will never know.
Fun fact of the week: The interrobang is a combination of an exclamation point and a question mark (called a "bang" for short). This obscure punctuation was invented in 1962 to fill a gap in our punctuation system where writers often used typographically cumbersome and unattractive combinations of the question mark and exclamation mark to punctuate rhetorical statements where neither the question nor an exclamation alone exactly served the writer.
Interrobangging. Aw yeah.
And now Happy Shit! YAY! There are quite a few of them this week, which I am pretty pumped about!

The Quartet String Theory playing all the songs from Doctor Horrible's Sing-Along Blog.
This is filmed at various locations on the Cornell University campus...I am curious as to what all of these weird white balls are.
And this one by the same people that combines the theme songs for Game of Thrones, Sherlock, and Inception.
Look they added a new dude and made it a quintet.
The UGLY Modeling Agency is a real thing.
One of the models.
This guy is doing spoofs on all of the makeup/bitch tags. This one is the "What's in my bag?" video.
Jack Daniels: The perfect antidote to a bad day...
And this spoof on the "Boyfriend does my makeup" videos.
Magical. Just magical.
On Co-optitude, Felicia and Ryon Day play GUTS: The Game.
AGGRO-CRAG!
This is what happens when people get way too into Instagram.
I'm friggin' Michelangelo!
And this ad for screen-sharing instead of having conference room meetings is amazing.
It even includes a Brony.
And this guy was a finalist from Australia's Got Talent known as The Badpiper.
An Australian in a kilt playing pub rock on a Scottish instrument. Yeah.
This hilarious documentary True Facts about the Mantis Shrimp.
The smasher shrimp have little Edward Bowling Ball hands that they use to punch the crap out of basically everything.
And my favorite one of these funny documentaries: True Facts about the Sea Pig.
Bacon from a sea pig tastes like a fish farted on a dirty beach cracker.
And that is it for this week. I hope you have fabulous things planned for this weekend!

2 comments:

Amber Holt said...

I think we've had this conversation ... Pot Lucks are the devil! People all scoffed at me this year when I brought Subway to our potluck. Fuck them those ladies put fresh gloves on when they made my sandwich! Hope you're feeling better now!

Unknown said...

Yes, we have had this conversation...I am ashamed to say, I was lured in by chocolate chip cookies which I thought were safe. They were not. But they where chocolate. And cookies.

Post a Comment